Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing ntfs files when adding harddrive to a newe

• Please log in to reply

MzDonna

MzDonna

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was given a pc which is an upgrade from my previous system . when I tried to install my harddrive into it .. I get as far as the *bar* at the bottom of the screen then I get an error .. system32 ntfs files missing or corrupt.. you can repair this by ... well my main problem is the harddrive use to sit in a Dell computer and this system is not . so all I have is the XP reinstallation CD however it says it is to reinstall the operatiing system not to reinstall programs or drivers .. I also have a ResourceCD for reinstalling device drivers etc.. however I was informed that I can not use this as my pc is no longer a Dell anyone have any idea what I can do ?? I have over 13 gig of information on my harddrive that I cant lose !! pleaseeeee help me someone

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Sorry for the delay in answering your question
does the upgrade computer have it's own hard drive? we can make the dell drive a slave then you have all your info.