Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to understand certain motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Ronan90

Ronan90

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Came across a TYAN S2676 Thunder I7525 Motherboard and was wondering if the price I see for them online is correct or not?

Whether it is a yes or No, can you get me a description on why.

Any other comments, inputs and opinions are welcomed, for I have little knowledge of this type of subject.

THANK YOU.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:    Ronan90,

What sort of prices are you referring to, you can get one of those boards for the equivalent of US $65 here in the UK, as to why anyone may pay a particular price for such a board, they may have an old server/workstation using the same board that has developed a fault and they want to do a like for like swap.

If you were to have one for sale you may have it for a long time as there are still a lot of them around + folk using Workstations for which this type of board was intended for security and stability are paramount and due to the dated technology of the board it can offer neither, hope this answers your question/s.