Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Weird login screen behavior from Windows 10

windows 10 password login fake login screen

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,147 posts
  • MVP

This is what my desktop shows:

I have Avast and you can see it has added aswKbd to the UpperFilter.  Apparently Avira does not use the UpperFilter.  I also just have the one Keyboard instance.  Not sure why you have three.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Class    REG_SZ    Keyboard
    ClassDesc    REG_SZ    @%SystemRoot%\System32\SysClass.Dll,-3002
    UpperFilters    REG_MULTI_SZ    aswKbd\0kbdclass
    IconPath    REG_MULTI_SZ    %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-3
    NoInstallClass    REG_SZ    1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000
    DriverDesc    REG_SZ    HID Keyboard Device
    ProviderName    REG_SZ    Microsoft
    DriverDateData    REG_BINARY    00808CA3C594C601
    DriverDate    REG_SZ    6-21-2006
    DriverVersion    REG_SZ    10.0.18362.1
    InfPath    REG_SZ    keyboard.inf
    InfSection    REG_SZ    HID_Keyboard_Inst.NT
    MatchingDeviceId    REG_SZ    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\Properties

Since it's working for now I guess we just have to wait and see if it goes bad again.  I will try and figure out why you have three keyboards.  Will fire up my laptop and see if it has multiples too.

Advertisements

daba

daba

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Hi. Thank you for all your help. If you figure it out, let me know. It's all Greek to me. So far today, typing is issue-free. (Tempting providence?)