Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

langdata virus affecting both by PCs

• Please log in to reply

michaelkeay

michaelkeay

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello all

I hope you can help me.

I think I have a malware / virus which seems to affect both my home PC and my laptop. They are experiencing the problem since I installed Netgear USB Controller (so I can print wirelessly to printer connected to router usb. Install file seems clean

Avast flagged two files langdata.st and land-Ru-En.dat as being infected with SNH: Script (Dropper) - I allowed Avast to move both  to the Virus Chest. Since then when I restart either PC I get 2  Windows Script Host errors

c:\users.....Roaming\lang-Ru-En.dat

line1

char 14162

Script contains malicious software and has been blocked by your antivirus software

Code: 800A802D

Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error

and similar for  \Roaming\langdata.st

I have tried the following:

1. used msconfig and disabled all startup services - still got script errors on restart

2. Windows restore point to previous day when it wasn,t happenning - restore successful but problem re-occurs on restart

3. Restore entire PC from Acronis backup from a week ago - again this was OK until a restart after re-installing Netgear usb Controller (or the netgear install may have been unrelated)

I have also attached the txt files generated after running FRST64

Any assistance would be amazing

Thanks

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• script error.jpg
  • 2020-01-24_01-03-11.jpg

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST

Attached File  fixlist.txt   3.12KB   351 downloads

Run FRST and press Fix
A fix log will be generated please post that

Reboot if the fix doesn't reboot it for you

Run FRST again as before.  Make sure Addition.txt is checked and hit Scan.  Post both logs.