Computer very slow. Malware/ virus possible.
Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:57 PM
Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:12 PM
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Get Process Explorer
Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).
View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures
Click twice on the CPU column header to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.
Wait a full minute then:
File, Save As, Save. Note the file name. Open the file on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.
Copy the next 2 lines:
TASKLIST /SVC > \junk.txt
Open an Elevated Command Prompt:
Win 7: Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator
Win 8: http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html
win 10: http://www.howtogeek...-in-windows-10/
Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open. Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.
Get the free version of Speccy:
(Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)
Download, Save and Install it. Tell it you do not need CCLEANER. Run Speccy. When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving),
File, Save as Text File, (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK. Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.
(It will be near the top, 10-20 lines down.) Save the file. Attach the file to your next post. Attaching the log is the best option as it is too big for the forum. Attaching is a multi step process.
First click on More Reply Options
Then scroll down to where you see
Choose File and click on it. Point it at the file and hit Open.
Now click on Attach this file.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users