Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting access permissions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Basty

Basty

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

In x32Win10ProV1909, if I try to open \ProgramData\Application Data\ I get what is shown in the first ["inaccessible"] attachment. If I proceed, another dialog opens as in the second ["security"] attachment. In the Security dialog, there are four entities I can give permission to. If I chose 'Everyone', it results in an error. I don't know how to chose between the other three. There is only one account - with administrator privileges; and only one user. I would like step by step instructions for getting permission to access \ProgramData\Application Data\.

Attached Thumbnails

• Inaccessible.JPG
  • Security.JPG

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Take a look here:

https://stackoverflo...ion-data-folder

Does this help?

Regards

paws

Basty

Basty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

It confirms I could have difficulty accessing \ProgramData\Application Data\ - as distinct from HELPING me get access.