Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help installing Windows 10

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

MrPhilippos

MrPhilippos

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi all,

i installed ubuntu a while ago but it deleted my windows 8.Now i want to install windows 10(i don't care about keeping ubuntu),so i created a bootable usb with windows media creation tool.After that,i booted from the usb and tried to install windows but i showed an error saying that it can't be installed on my disk because it is unrecognized type,is this because of the ubuntu installation now my whole disk is not of NTFS type?Please if someone can guide me :upset:

Advertisements

Laverne Varner

Laverne Varner

• Pip
  • 2 posts

First you need to find out what went wrong,test the Windows bootable USB on other computers,if it is a problem with USB,you can make a new one for your computer.