Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Editing

• Please log in to reply

2kays

2kays

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Video Editing
With windows 10 Photo app open, under "Video Projects" I select "New video project" and give it a name.
I then add an MP4 video and drag it to the "Storyboard."
At this stage I should be able to view the video in the preview screen on the right of the Library but it remains a black blank screen.
In "Settings" the Default for the Video player is Photos.
Can anyone help me?
Ken

PC info
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-CPU @ 3.20GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit OS, x64-based processor.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 929 posts

Hi Ken,

When you find the video you want ( probably in a separate folder you have set up) to add to your story board, double click on it and it will appear in the left hand window.... ( of your photo ap, but don't try and drag it to the right hand window as that will not work) instead, now right click (it must be a right click) and select from the drop down menu       "add to storyboard"...it should now be visible in the Right hand window, and if you click on the start arrow (underneath the right window) it should start to play...

Let us know if this does the trick for you.

Regards

paws

2kays

2kays

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hi Ken,

When you find the video you want ( probably in a separate folder you have set up) to add to your story board, double click on it and it will appear in the left hand window.... ( of your photo ap, but don't try and drag it to the right hand window as that will not work) instead, now right click (it must be a right click) and select from the drop down menu       "add to storyboard"...it should now be visible in the Right hand window, and if you click on the start arrow (underneath the right window) it should start to play...

Let us know if this does the trick for you.

Regards

paws

Thank you "Paws" for your suggestion re adding to the Storyboard.
That isn't the problem, I can drag the file from the Library onto the Storyboard but when I do it doesn't appear as a video in the preview pane on the right. It should do.
When I click on the play button below the preview pane the timer starts and the circular button moves to the right which suggests to me that the file is there but there's no video shown.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photos.
Done a System File Checker and given the OK.
Scanned for Malware; none found.
Checked Settings > Apps to make sure the defaults are as they should be.
It could be that there's a setting somewhere that needs changing, I don't know.
Ken

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 929 posts

Rather than using the video file from the library, try it from the file's actual location

2kays

2kays

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thank you Paws.
I don't understand what you mean by using the video from the files location.

This is what I have to do on my computer.
1: Open Photos and click Video Projects in the toolbar above.
2:This opens a window with a "Start a blank project" pane in which there's a plus symbol.
3: Click the plus symbol and a "Name your video" dialogue appears.
4: Give the project a name and click OK.
5: Now we have a plus symbol in the "Project Library," click it and then click "From this PC."
6: File Explorer opens and we find the video we want; click it and then click Open.
7: The file is now in the library and when it's dragged to the "Storyboard" it should appear in the preview pane and can be played, but it doesn't.
That's the problem,
Ken