Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Editing

• Please log in to reply

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi Ken

OK all understood.

Its looks like you may have the file suffixes hidden on your machine... I would expect the file to be called something along the lines of (for example)

Peterboro_cathedral.avi

Can you tell us what application/Programme you used to create the video please

also

When you double click on a video file( to open it) what application/programme opens? and does the video run OK from it?

Regards

paws

PS to show file suffixes see here

Advertisements

2kays

2kays

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you for still trying Paws, I thought you may have given up.
The videos I use are very small videos I made with a Cannon camera whilst on holiday in England.
I've also tried a video of "Allo Allo," which isn't very big and converted it from .mkv to Mp4. It plays as a .mkv file but .Mp4 is smaller. 
I hide the extensions to keep the name of the file smaller.
When I double click a video file it opens in Windows Media Player and it runs.
This is because I have made Windows Media Player the default for "Photo viewer."
I can change it to Photos or VLC media player and they both open a video file but I prefer Windows Media Player.

I sometimes right click and then click "Open with" and choose the programme I want.
Ken

2kays

2kays

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hello Paws,

I made a mistake in my last reply.

I wrote "This is because I have made Windows Media Player the default for "Photo viewer." This should read "I have made Windows Media Player the default for Video player."

Ken