Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Questions about using Avast, Malwarebytes, and Windows Security all on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

It finally came back after several minutes (I'm guessing 10 min), but it did not have "a list of options" as the instructions had. It had a countdown to start Windows 10 and a few other options, but I didn't have enough time to see what the others were. I think there was one about running Avast. The countdown ended and it took me to my desktop, where there was that Avast message I had before about "Do you want to start in Safe Mode?" I clicked Yes, then got a message "The necessary registration could not be completed." I clicked OK. I got another message that the PC will now start in Safe Mode. I clicked OK. The message went away, but that's all that happened. No restart. It is back on the desktop.

Advertisements

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

I have Dell support. They took care of everything. You may close this issue. Thank you.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 320 posts

Been out for the afternoon (my time) just got back.

Sorry you had so much trouble with Avast's uninstaller, but glad to hear you were able to get your problems resolved.

As per your request I will mark this topic as Solved.

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 320 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.