Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10-BSOD (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer JohnGo , 12 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

OK. I'll do that.Thanks again for all the assistance from you.  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

JohnGo

JohnGo

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Custom build PC with an Asus M.B Z87-A, 8GB Ram,W.D. 500 gb hard drive; (160 gb hd; 750 gb hd-both secondary, storage only).

My PC began infrequent bsod quite  some while ago. As time passes, it occurs more frequently; sometimes twice a day. I have connected to the pc:  speakers, monitor, all-in-one printer, mouse (wireless), keyboard, ethernet cable from router.  From what I find online about this particular bsod, I see that I need help to resolve this.

Any help is appreciated here. (See attachment). 

The fine print reads: www.windows.com/stopcode;

Stop Code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION; 

What failed: Dot4sys. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Blue Screen cropped.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Looks like a problem with the printer drivers, what is the brand and model name or number of the AIO printer.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

The printer is an HP deskjet 4135. I used it with computers prior to this one.  The minidump folder is empty.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Make sure that crash dmps are enabled on your computer How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD?

Do any printing that you may need to do and then do the following;

Create a new system restore point, uninstall all HP Printer software, shut down the computer, disconnect the printer, restart the computer and with the exception of doing any printing, use the computer as you normally would for a few hrs to see how things go then post back with an update for us.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I followed your instructions above. I worked the computer for 30 mins then left it on.  In just under 3 hrs, it blue screened again 

Attached Files

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Also, I forgot to mention that there is a new Hp Officejet 5255 in the room that I can select to print to wirelessly.  I unplugged it before I did your instructions but didn't uninstall the drivers. This computer was blue screening long before I setup the Officejet.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

The cause of the latest crash was as was previously mentioned printer drivers and specifically hpqtra08.exe which is related to the HP digital imaging monitor, see info here and the crash dmp attachment below.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I found the file (HPQTRA08.exe) and also (HPQTRA08.rsc) in the folder @ C\:Program Files\HP\Digitalimaging\bin.  

Does this error apply only to the HP Deskjet 4135, A. I. O.?  Does "digital imaging monitor" refer to importing a photo, through the scanner, from a folder into Photoshop? 

Are there steps from this point that will correct the problem?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

First things first, no point in thinking about anything else atm as you need a stable computer before considering doing anything else, as per my reply #4;

Create a new system restore point, uninstall all HP Printer software, shut down the computer, disconnect the printer, restart the computer and with the exception of doing any printing, use the computer as you normally would for a few hrs to see how things go then post back with an update for us.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I apologize!  I wasn't trying rush you.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No need for any apology, one thing I try not to do is rush, that`s how mistakes are made  <_<

Has all of the HP software now been removed, if yes, any BSOD since. 

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

The computer has been running continuously since our last conversation. No BSOD!  I have some more info. about it pertaining to this situation, however, I'm in  a  rush this morning.  I'll post again mid-afternoon.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No worries, reply when you are able to.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Following your previous instructions to uninstall the 4135, I went to SETTINGS, DEVICES, PRINTERS & SCANNERS, HP DESKJET 4100 SERIES. I clicked REMOVE DEVICE. When I follow that path now, the printer still shows up with the word DEFAULT grayed out. For about 48 hours now the computer has been running continuously with no BSOD. I have worked the computer some during this period.

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

BSOD has occurred again.