Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL - other warni

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 15 March 2020 - 09:41 AM

Going off topic slightly but it is entirely up to the individual what AV they use and fwiw the best line of defence is the person that uses the computer, the click stops here so to speak, sorry to... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

stefanipollock

stefanipollock

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I have the following warnings in Event Viewer consistently....

• The Open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed with error code The device is not ready.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

• The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification\5&29dd11d4&0&0.
  • The Open procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\windows\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.
  • The Open procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed with error code Access is denied.. Performance data for this service will not be available.The Open procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\windows\system32\esentprf.dll" failed with error code Access is denied.. Performance data for this service will not be available.
  • The Open procedure for service "BITS" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\bitsperf.dll" failed with error code An internal error occurred.. Performance data for this service will not be available.
  • The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

I also have these ERRORS: (consistently)

• Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.
  • Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.
  • The WinDriver service failed to start due to the following error: 
    The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance.  hr = 0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.

This is a brand new HP Envy Laptop.  Do I need to be concerned?  I was also having tons of wifi issues but I installed new drivers and that fixed it.  Also bios issues/updated firmware.  Lots of other issues too but driver updates fixed.  These are the warnings/errors I can't get rid of on my own.  I've had Norton 360 and MWBytes installed since the minute I booted this laptop up out of the box so I know I'm not infected with a virus.  I do full system scans several times/day.  I'm not sure what's going on but this seems like a lot of errors.  TY in advance for any help you can provide.  

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:    stefanipollock,

You should not be having to update drivers on an out of the box new computer and being that you are running Windows 10 that has its own very good AV and Firewall you do not need Norton 360 either, the latter in itself is a godsend.

I would suggest that you try a reset of Windows and see how that goes, see Reset you PC info here

Once you have reset the computer, get Windows 10 and Defender fully up to date, create a new system restore point and then leave well alone, as long as your keep Windows and Defender up to date you will be fine.

stefanipollock

stefanipollock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

But, that's the whole reason I have a new computer in the first place.  Windows Defender was not adequate.  I had a 2 year old HP Envy laptop that was so infested with viruses (because I simply relied on windows Firewall and Windows Defender) that I literally lost all of my data and years of work product.  It's cost me untold losses in my business and untold financial losses. I could not get the 2-year old computer back up and running right so went out and bought a new computer and decided to put norton on it and keep it clean from the get go.  I don't understand what running Norton on it has to do with a faulty wifi and all of the error messages above?  The event viewer errors litterally state there are hardware faults with my wifi and it has internal errors..... along with all of the errors listed in my original post.  I'm really thinking there is something seriously wrong with this laptop.  And...I just installed all of my apps on here, and updated windows which took forever.  And the solution is to wipe it and start over?  That's going to solve all of the errors?  I'll do it if it will, but that's what I just came from.  A clean install out of the box.  And I have all of these errors.  I'm just so frustrated.  Thanks for any insight you can give me.  

stefanipollock

stefanipollock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

p.s.  I had put in my first post that installing new wifi drivers fixed my wifi issues, but that is not the case.  the internal faults and hardware failure errors are all back.  every time I boot I have to reset my wifi adapter several times and run the troubleshooter before it will intermittently connect to the internet.  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
✓  Best Answer

Going off topic slightly but it is entirely up to the individual what AV they use and fwiw the best line of defence is the person that uses the computer, the click stops here so to speak, sorry to hear that you lost your data though, did you not have it securely backed up.

I don't understand what running Norton on it has to do with a faulty wifi 

If your AV does not like your internet connection it will block it.

And...I just installed all of my apps on here, and updated windows which took forever.  And the solution is to wipe it and start over?  

Being brand new and therefore covered by warranty you are limited with what you can do without voiding the said warranty, resetting Windows will not void your warranty whereas should the wireless device need to be replaced the computer will have to be repaired by a HP approved technician, a reset or sending the notebook in for repair are your only two options I`m afraid.

stefanipollock

stefanipollock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

oh ok, gotcha.  So, i guess I'll need to reach out to HP again.  I did already but the tech literally just looked at my event viewer when he remote controlled my computer.  Then he put in the chat box that I probably had a virus, and that I would need to pay for elevated support and he ended the chat and closed the ticket.  That's it.  I was not at all impressed.  So I will try again with them.  And, I was an idiot as far as my data was concerned.  I bought a brand new Western Digital external hard drive.  I planned to sow through all of my various cloud/hdd various file versions so pulled everything down onto this new external hdd and then did a windows refresh on my laptop.  Keeping in mind that then nothing existed anywhere of my files except on this new external harddrive that I was going to go through and organize and then re-upload.  Well, then after this windows refresh, i plug in the hard drive, and it says, "what's the password?"  Well, I had not put a password on it.  Evidently this is a known issue with this brand of hard drive that if you set it up with one installation of windows and don't put a password on it, when you plug it into another computer, it trips a flag for a password (that you didn't set, so don't know what it is) and there is no way around it.  I've worked with WD and with various other recovery companies.  My data is all gone.  But it would have not happened had my computer not have been so infested with viruses to begin with i guess is the beginning of the story.  And I thought that windows defender and firewall was supposed to do a bang up job until it didn't.  Which is essentially in a round about way how I ended up losing everything.  I was barely able to get my data off that computer as it was in a loop.  I couldn't even get into safe mode but had to boot into command prompt.  Anyway, sorry for the long post, but this disaster is why I'm so afraid to not use an AV.  And why I'm so tired of computer issues.  And why I'm so frustrated that my new laptop is not working right after all i've been through.  Thanks for your help.....

stefanipollock

stefanipollock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

P.s.s.  My other reason for pulling all of my files off my hdd/cloud was I wanted to scan each and every one for viruses before opening/using again on my new laptop as I didn't want to reinfect.  So there was a reason behind my madness.  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

That is poor customer service and sorry to say that it is not unique to just HP, you will hopefully receive a better response this time and please let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions.

You are welcome btw  :)