Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus always turned off notification

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Woody1001

Woody1001

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine.

How do I fix this?

Windos 10 Version 1903

Capture.JPG

Edited by Woody1001, 11 March 2020 - 04:18 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Hello Woody1001,

I have found this much so far..

Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows 10, some users are reporting getting a notification on Startup that says-

Windows Firewall and <Third party firewall name> Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options.

This error is caused due to unknown reasons. However, when checked manually, there is nothing wrong with both the firewall software and they are enabled normally.

https://www.thewindo...wall-turned-off

Don't download anything from the page  that says it's going to fix the issue.....

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Also, you should not be running 2 anti virus software. I am not sure if that is what you are attempting, but 1 should be off. Windows Defender is very good now and Comodo isn't needed.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

That's a good point 123, please note though on a windows 10 computer when a 3ed party Anti virus is installed such as comodo, windows defender is automatically turned off. 

Thanks

zep