Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I want to Remove a Local Account on Win 10 Computer and Speed Up Compu

• Please log in to reply

Jeris

Jeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Is that it?  I did a google search to find the path.

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,205 posts

Hi, jeris.

Yes, that is the log I asked. :)

About Adobe: Yes, you can use the Adobe Acrobat Reader. It's a free reader for PDF files. But if you want to do more than that, and need the Pro version, it's not free. https://acrobat.adob...crobat-pro.html

I'll be back to you as soon as possible. :)

DR M

DR M

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,205 posts

Hi. jeris.

I noticed that your hard disk space is around 6GB. This could be a problem, not only because your computer will not function properly, but also because you will not be able to update its operating system. So, let's do some things that may help you free some space.

A. Stop Google Drive Sync at start-up

• Click Backup & Sync in your Taskbar/Notification area using Cloud icon.
  • Click the 3 dots to open Settings.
  • Click the Preferences option - usually the 5th one down from the top.
  • Once the Preferences menu pop appears, select the Settings section located on the right side of the popup.
  • The section checkbox in the Settings section should be for Open Backup & Sync on system startup. If you clear that check box, then save the changes, then reboot your computer, Backup & Sync should no longer automatically start up with your computer.

You can also check i the Google drive sync is enabled at start up if you do the following:

• Right click anywhere on your Taskbar and choose Task Manager.
  • If you don't see the tab Start-up, click More Details.
  • Choose the Start-up tab.
  • Check in the list if Google Drive Sync is enabled. If yes, click on it and choose Disable.

B. Disc cleanup

1. Press the Windows icon on your keyboard, together with the letter R.

2. Type in the blank area cleanmgr and then press OK.

3. Select Drive C and press OK.

4. Select everything you don't need in the list that will appear. Actually, you can select everything there, but be careful if you need some files in the Downloads folder.

5. Press the button Clean up system files and wait a bit.

6. Again, select everything you don't need, including old Windows installations, if any.

7. Select the tab More options.

8. Under the title System Restore and Shadow Copies, press Clean up.

9. Press Delete and OK if you are asked to.

10. Wait some time (depending of the items that are deleted).

11. Make a restart when the process is finished.

C. Provide fresh FRST logs

• Double-click on the FRST icon to run it, as you did before. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please copy and paste the content of these two logs in your next reply.