Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

error in D0CE0C16B1, aurora, overall slowness

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: So I come back to my hometown and my family's computer has gone down the toilet so I'm trying to help fix it. Unfortunately, I dont really know what I'm doing. Its a pretty old Gateway comp, just upgraded from Windows ME (yikes) to XP (whew) which split the harddrive into two parts- C and E- I'm not sure if thats normal. We get Aurora pop-ups but those seem to have dwindled after all the scans and checks. Now we're getting an error when we first log on from RUNDLL saying there was an error with D0CE0C16B1 (this only started happening after the cleanups i used as instrcted before posting a HijackThis log). The whole system is pretty slow and I'm hoping I can improve it this way with the help of a wonderful computergeek superhero.

Anything else I should do before posting a HT log?