Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio / Bluetooth issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

bigjohnpc

bigjohnpc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi Guys

Help requested with a PC to receive audio through blue tooth stereo ear clip headphones.
My system is Windows 10 with 250 ssd and 2 tb hard drive with a Windows Realtek High Def sound card.
My Bluetooth speakers work just fine and I am considering purchasing a twin set of stereo bluetooth earphones , the clip on ears variety, to give me separation from the PC. Having owned a hands free car phone kit a few years ago I decided to try the hands free blue tooth option before I purchased these.

Powered the unit up, switched on the blue tooth on the PC and went into pairing mode. The head set is a basic Plantronics 370 head set. It paired up instantly but I could not received any audio. Trolling the internet I am advised to go into,

control panel,
Hardware and sound
Change Plantronics to default sound

The head set then worked reasonable but the tone was not good. When the head set was not connected, audio was still heard through the PC speakers.
Am I missing something very obvious?, as I believe I should not have to shift the default sound to headphones.
Help appreciated

Advertisements