Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM not found

• Please log in to reply

joak1ng

joak1ng

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So I got som old RAM bricks from a friend of mine (DDR3 4x4gb). When I´m installing them I can only get 8gb out of them. I´ve tried starting the pc with two RAM bricks in slot 1 and 3, and also 2 and 4. The pc starts up just fine and works as normal. When I put in the two other brick, nothing happens and the computer can still just find 8gb, and 2 out of 4 bricks. 

I´ve tried updating BIOS aswell. 

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi Joak1ng,and welcome to our site.

:welcome:

I would be inclined to get the machine working, and then visit the crucial.com site, download their  tool to assess the exact type of RAM modules required for your particular motherboard.

The tool is free to download and will also provide you with details of compatible RAM and prices.

There is no obligation to purchase RAM from them, but their tool is of excellent reputation and recommended by many experts.

Regards

paws

joak1ng

joak1ng

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Joak1ng,and welcome to our site.

:welcome:

I would be inclined to get the machine working, and then visit the crucial.com site, download their  tool to assess the exact type of RAM modules required for your particular motherboard.

The tool is free to download and will also provide you with details of compatible RAM and prices.

There is no obligation to purchase RAM from them, but their tool is of excellent reputation and recommended by many experts.

Regards

paws

I have tried with two different types of ram. only 8gb are working on all of them (4x4gb). 

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

If you copy t he complete output from the crucial.com scanner and post it here we may be able to help you.

Regards

paws