Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PureVPN 7 Days Trial Offer for $0.99

• Please log in to reply

Philip Austin

Philip Austin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

PureVPN introduces a 7-day risk-free VPN trial for new users. Full blown access. No big commitments. Cancel anytime >>> purevpn.com

Advertisements

PoEvil

PoEvil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I just read several reviews about PureVPN and apparently they often pretend to do promotions for a short time when in reality they last all year long. In addition, with their 31-day money-back guarantee, you will be able to get a full refund (which means that you can test it for free during 31 days).

Now, in my own opinion (and many other sites I have been able to visit and read), the provider is not worth buying. The company has questionable practices and it seems that it even collaborated with the FBI to the arrest of one of its users.

Here is the source to prove my statement : https://the-bestvpn....pn-review-test/

"However, the company helped the FBI to apprehend a cyberstalker who was troubling a woman and her family in 2016. And that raised eyebrows among their users, obviously. According to the court documents, PureVPN was responsible for supplying data that helped identify the cyberstalker’s workplace and home IP addresses. "

This is my 2 cents on that topic ;)

Edited by PoEvil, 07 April 2020 - 09:38 AM.

Emma Ryan

Emma Ryan

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

I just read several reviews about PureVPN and apparently they often pretend to do promotions for a short time when in reality they last all year long. In addition, with their 31-day money-back guarantee, you will be able to get a full refund (which means that you can test it for free during 31 days).

Now, in my own opinion (and many other sites I have been able to visit and read), the provider is not worth buying. The company has questionable practices and it seems that it even collaborated with the FBI to the arrest of one of its users.

Here is the source to prove my statement : https://the-bestvpn....pn-review-test/

"However, the company helped the FBI to apprehend a cyberstalker who was troubling a woman and her family in 2016. And that raised eyebrows among their users, obviously. According to the court documents, PureVPN was responsible for supplying data that helped identify the cyberstalker’s workplace and home IP addresses. "

This is my 2 cents on that topic ;)

Firstly, this is probably the first time I’m seeing PureVPN offer a trial in $0.99 so I’m not sure where have you been seeing that for the whole year. 

I have been their customer for 2 years and yes, the service does have its fair share or pros and cons but it has improved drastically over time. I did opt out for like a few months due to China issues but subscribed again as it works fine now. 

And about the FBI thingy, stop beating around the same bush and propagandas. They even got a no-log certification to prove their claim. Unless you’re saying that you know better than an information systems auditor about these logs then I got nothing to say except that it’s so narso.  

Edited by Emma Ryan, 09 April 2020 - 04:44 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
"However, the company helped the FBI to apprehend a cyberstalker who was troubling a woman and her family in 2016

Good.

PureVPN was responsible for supplying data that helped identify the cyberstalker’s workplace and home IP addresses. "

Even better.

Can I ask where in any usage agreement that PureVPN may provide does it state that they will help to protect criminals or that they will not help the authorities bring criminals to justice.