Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsupported URL

• Please log in to reply

crtang

crtang

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have an awesome software I downloaded for guitar playing called Slowhand. Basically it lets me load YouTube Videos into the Slowhand application and have complete control over speed, I can slow things down to a precise speed without affecting pitch and can create loops to practice certain sections. I paid $40 and love it. Suddenly it won't let me download any videos. The Slowhand application is giving me a message saying Unsupported URL. I'm on my Mac computer. I think the company that owns Slowhand may have gone out of business. Again, it works perfect with the videos I already had saved, but I just can't upload any new content. Can someone help me trouble shoot this? I would hate to lose this fantastic tool. 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Appears YouTube has changed their system so the downloads don't work.  It's not Slowhand's fault.  Since you say Slowhand still works with downloaded videos I would look into a free screen recorder

https://atomisystems...een-windows-10/

These work best if you can go to full screen before you start the recording.  For a while I was using the WinKey + Alt + r which brought up the game recorder but that stopped working.  Don't know if that was because of an "update" or whether I killed it off by disabling some xbox stuff.