Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer keeps rebooting, and wrong drive letters

• Please log in to reply

robirdman

robirdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I don't use the internal audio.  I have 3 Presonus Firestudio Projects for audio, and I don't think they were on during that test, as I wasn't testing them.

i have never defragged the Y drive as it seemed that such a small amount indicated the need, I think.

trying to do error check, said C: was in use and couldn't be checked.

Said Y: needed to be dismounted.  

Going back and reading further steps, I see I need to schedule the C., but will post as far as I got before restarting and losing what I typed.

Advertisements

robirdman

robirdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I chose schedule for the C: drive but on rebooting, nothing happened. I checked fragmentation of Y drive and it says 2%. Important?

robirdman

robirdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I see I didn't read far enough again, before rebooting.  But I started over and am clearing the logs before rebooting.