Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharp Calculator EL-531X – Saving A User Defined Function

• Please log in to reply

TheKingfish

TheKingfish

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Brand new to the forum, and looking for some small directional advice from someone who has the above product or something close.  I purchased the item on eBay and, manuals being what they are these days, mine lacked anything explicit on saving a created function (ex: f[x,y] = 5x + y).

The goal seems simple enough, but a YouTube search was unproductive.  I can readily create and use a function, but am unable to save it for future use (???).  I saw other seemingly-older Sharp models utilize the save button in conjunction with other functions labeled F1 thru F4, but my model does not have those destination buttons.  For all of its capability, I am now wondering if my model is lacking this basic feature.  Strange if it does.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

TheKingfish

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

I looked around and came to the conclusion that that calculator does not have the save function for later use. Lots more do on E-Bay though.

TheKingfish

TheKingfish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

A Kingfish forum post would not be complete without a summarizing follow up.  For all of this calculator's outward capability (272 functions; regression, 2-line display), it does not have the ability to save an equation.  I.e., technically, it is not a programmable calculator.

On the other hand, if you should ever need support on a Sharp calculator -- the contact info I have shared below will serve you well.  Friendly, helpful and prompt, the outfit listed is an outsource entity serving Sharp.  You will find it is the kind of ‘support’ not often found these days.

Good luck,

TheKingfish

Victor Technologies

844-578-1637

victor@victortech.com