Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W10 Desktop

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

This is what I get when I ask Google :How to get to the desktop in Windows 1

1. Navigate to the Notification Area located on the right-hand side end of your computer’s Taskbar.
    1. Locate a small rectangular button located at the right-most edge of the Notification Area.Click that small rectangle.

3. Easy, right? Except that, try as I do, I cannot find that area.  Can any GtGer show me why I am missing that spot? Thanks.   …. batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

You're probably missing it. I can't even see mine. but if I bring my mouse on the taskbar all the way over to the right an just start clicking the desktop will pop up.

Play around with you'll get it.

If you can't you might Google   "Create shortcut to desktop from taskbar"

Funny thing I just noticed If I right click on my Taskbar there's an option that says "Show Desktop" as  long as i am not actually on the desktop already...

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

zep516  I found the little square but I saw no option that places a shortcut on the desktop in the listing I uncovered! Do you confirm that ?

Thanks much for your interest.   batpark

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

I confirm that.