I have a tiny icon on my desk top that displays over everyhting else that has me concened. That and My mouse cursor is glitchy real bad doesnt follow finger movement at all and machine is just super slow and fan is on full tilt all the time. ive run anti virus software but found nothing I need help. i did the frst program have the log files I just need someone to log on and drive and get it done but i'm broke and not working right now so here I am.
small icon on desktop displays over everything, currsor glitchy [Close
Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:40 PM
Hi brian408 and welcome to GeeksToGo!
I am Yisroel, and I'll be assisting you with your issue.
Please Note: I am still in training and my fixes have to be approved by my instructor, so there may be a slight delay in my replies. Look at it as a good thing though, since you have two people looking at your problem.
Before we get started, there are a few things I need you to take note of:
- Please read through the instructions before attempting to follow those procedures.
- If there is anything you are unclear of, please ask before you start the fix
- Do not run any scripts/tools on your own, unsupervised usage may cause more harm than good, and it might interfere with what we are doing
- Please stay with me on this thread, do not start another thread here (Geeks To Go) or any other forum until I've declared you clean and good to go.
- Inform me of anything that happens unexpectedly during the fix at any point of time.
- As much as we like to make this an easy process for you. Malware removal is a complex multi-step process, and things may happen such as data loss or render your machine unbootable. I would recommend that you back up your personal data before we proceed.
- Posts that are not replied to in four (4) days will result in the topic being closed. We have not forgotten you; this is just an effort to keep the boards organized and flowing. To continue on your closed topic, please PM me or any Moderator to have the topic reactivated. If, at any time during our working together, I have not responded to you in 2 days (48 hours), then please PM me.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
- As we go along please tell me how the computer is running now. Please be as descriptive as possible e.g. I'm still getting web redirects, I am unable to access the internet, etc.
With those out of the way, let's get started!
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool (if it pops up, click Yes to the disclaimer.)
- Make sure that the Addition option is checked.
- Press Scan button and wait.
- The tool will produce two log files on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please copy and paste their content into your next reply.
Add a Screenshot
If possible, I'd like to see exactly what you see in a screenshot.
Try to follow any of the methods (or if you know them yourself) in this guide https://www.digitalc...ing-built-tools, and save the screenshot image to your desktop, then upload here in your next reply.
Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:17 PM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users