Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot open pictures on one laptop but on another laptop , the same pi

• Please log in to reply

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

I installed the inf file again but from device manager, now it shows an update : 30/04/2019 6.0.8694.0

Log will follow.

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

log 

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

That's discouraging.

If you go into device manager and right click on the Realtek and Disable does Process Explorer show much lower Interrupts?

If you disable any of the other devices under Sound (with Realtek enabled) does it make any difference to Interrupts?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

First stage: disable high definition audio

Interrupts 0.32 0 K 0 K n/a Hardware Interrupts and DPCs

and I discoverd when I wanted to save the log, that it went higher:

Interrupts 11.62 0 K 0 K n/a Hardware Interrupts and DPCs

each time i use the build in mouse pad , this happens.

When I use the external mouse, it stays low.

enabling high definition audio results to a interrupt arround 12, mostly under 12 11,... .

the moment I toch the mousepad : arround 16

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

disabling all drivers in sound  except high definition : interrupts keeps arround 11 if mousepad not toched.

While high defintion was disabled, I found another high defintion audio controll under systemdevices, once disabled, the drivers under sound dissapear , except NVIDIA Virtual audio Devic (Wave Extensible) (WDM).

interrupt was low

once I enabled the high definition under syemdevices, interrupt is back to 11, while the high defintion is still disabled.

once I enable the driver under sound, then disable it , then interrupts is low arround 0,30

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Strange the high definition under sound is gone and antoer one intel audio or something.

and the high defintion  under system devices shows a triangle red and !  . Only thing I did is to search for new driver for this one.. 

it's now  ok, after reboot ... . will not toch anymore anything. without your permission.

Edited by HaraMo, 04 May 2020 - 03:01 PM.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

another thing that's occurs is that interrupt is low when laptop is starting after reboot, arround 5 %

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Look in Device Manager under Mice & other Pointing Devices.  See if you can find the touchpad driver.  Right click on it and Disable.  Does that have any effect on Interrupts?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
I tried that already , under human interface devices , it does not lower the interrupt if high definition is enabled.

I know disabled high definition , but this time interupt does not lower down .. stays around 11.

Now only when I disable Intel display audio , the interupt goes down .. .if I enable the high definition Audio then its goes up arround 11

So when both audio drivers are disabled then interupt is around 0,35

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

No idea why we need two HD audio drivers but I see I have an AMD HD too.  Maybe your Intel driver needs an update.

In Device Manager, right click on it and select properties then click on the Details tab.  
Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Intel display audio : 1st december 2016 10.22.1.97

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Go to:

https://downloadcent...lity?product=53

Download

chipset-10.1.18228.8176-public-mup.zip

Save and then right click and Extract All, Extract.  Right click on the SetupChipset.exe file and Run As Admin.

Your CPU is Skylake which is 6th generation so it should work.

You currently have: Intel® Chipset Device Software (HKLM-x32\...\{c6cff78a-cccb-49d5-be68-ae0ec5f0d48a}) (Version: 10.1.1.8 - Intel® Corporation) Hidden

Then go to:

https://downloadcent...s?product=88355

Download the

igfx_win10_100.8141.exe

You may need to follow the instruction on the download page.

The Intel HD Audio driver is supposed to be included in the graphics driver so hopefully this will work.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Date en version did not update after installation of the chipset.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Did the second driver install?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Tried i following the steps on the intel link as the installed driver is not a DCH driver. I first tried to install then I receive a message it's not possible.

So followed the steps to remove the driver, then reboot, but the ystem automatically installs the old driver .

I even selected to remove the driver  while following the steps . .

second try: this time i did not reboot I just installed and this time it's installing, I hope it ok .