Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tv to pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

G-bo

G-bo

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hi folks,this is likely a silly question but........I have hooked up a flat screen tv to my windows 7 64bit computer via hdmi.Picture is fine but I was wondering if there is a way to use the sound of the tv speakers.I get video but no audio.Thanks very much,Glen.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

The output from the computer does not have the audio with it, there is a separate audio output.

What you would need to do is to inject the audio into the HDMI cable. In this case you would need an audio injector with an input for HDMI and audio and then a HDMI output.

A quick search gives an example device:

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B01B5FR7PY

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B07WDJN4VS

I have no experience with this device and would suggest that you search for other such devices prior to trying one. The prices seem to vary greatly.

G-bo

G-bo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

thank you so much for the reply and the links.Looks like it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just hook up some decent computer speakers.

ok thanks very much again,appreciate it,cheers,Glen.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

Yes, often external speakers are easier and cheaper, but takes a bit more space.You are welcome.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Completed thread closed to prevent any further spam being post in it.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Thank you phillpower2

Spammer banned and post removed