Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Rank these types of monitors (and any others) for health/eye damage

• Please log in to reply

techdummy1995

techdummy1995

• Pip
  • 1 posts

- LED/OLED/AMOLED/Super AMOLED

- LCD (e.g. TFT)
- Plasma
- DLP
- SED
- New CRT’s
 - Any others

Assuming ambient light, settings, distance-to-size ratio e.t.c. are the same; rank the types of monitors generally for health and eyes (combined).

By ‘health’ I mean which is the least unhealthy for the brain (This Is What Too Much Screen Time Does To You) and skin (Lights off: is the glare from your computer really ageing your skin?) E.g. In terms of the type of light). By ‘eyes’ I meant which is the least damaging to eyes.

An example of what I mean by unhealthy light is blue light. Studies have been done with blue light and monkeys (which obviously have over 90% the same DNA sequence and respond very similarly). 

A question could be: Assuming all else is constant (and if different types of monitors generally emit different amounts of blue light); how much blue light do these types of monitors generally emit?

I am looking for the health and eye damage of types of monitors to buy one of them.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,584 posts

Try some blue light glasses....That way you're protected al around.

Copacetic

Copacetic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Mostly newer TVs nowadays has some kind of technology that prevents eye damage, so just pick any of them.

Steven Smith

Steven Smith

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, As far as I know, that all these monitors will not permanently damage your eyesight, but it causes some harmful effects on your eyes if there not use any heath-friendly technology. So personally, I suggest LED monitors that use a proprietary eye care technology that is supposed to reduce blue light and flickering. Actually, I am a nursing student and recently prepared my essay with the help of this free resource https://samplius.com...xamples/health/ where I have found a lot of useful information about our health and wellness. I had learned so many useful tips and guide about our good health. That is why I recommend choosing a monitor with eye comfort technology that protects your eyes for long-lasting work.

Edited by Steven Smith, Yesterday, 07:05 PM.