Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rank these types of monitors (and any others) for health/eye damage

• Please log in to reply

techdummy1995

techdummy1995

• Pip
  • 1 posts

- LED/OLED/AMOLED/Super AMOLED

- LCD (e.g. TFT)
- Plasma
- DLP
- SED
- New CRT’s
 - Any others

Assuming ambient light, settings, distance-to-size ratio e.t.c. are the same; rank the types of monitors generally for health and eyes (combined).

By ‘health’ I mean which is the least unhealthy for the brain (This Is What Too Much Screen Time Does To You) and skin (Lights off: is the glare from your computer really ageing your skin?) E.g. In terms of the type of light). By ‘eyes’ I meant which is the least damaging to eyes.

An example of what I mean by unhealthy light is blue light. Studies have been done with blue light and monkeys (which obviously have over 90% the same DNA sequence and respond very similarly). 

A question could be: Assuming all else is constant (and if different types of monitors generally emit different amounts of blue light); how much blue light do these types of monitors generally emit?

I am looking for the health and eye damage of types of monitors to buy one of them.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Try some blue light glasses....That way you're protected al around.

Copacetic

Copacetic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Mostly newer TVs nowadays has some kind of technology that prevents eye damage, so just pick any of them.

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Mostly newer TVs nowadays has some kind of technology that prevents eye damage, so just pick any of them.

Yeah, I agree. A press release for the announcement called the EyeSafe Display Standard ”the most advanced health and safety requirement for protecting users’ eyes from the most toxic regions of blue light while maintaining color integrity.” Well, that's a relief!