Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2007 - Do I need a new version?

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

That is good for a free facility, hope they look after you better this time  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello Phill,

Just for information, in case anyone finds their way here looking for information about my back-up program, Touro Cloud backup.

I received a reply from somebody called Marco from a company called Defenx.

Defenx acquired Memopal (an Italian Cloud backup provider connected to Pi Campus) in 2017. Memopal sold security products to HGST (a Western Digital Company).

Here is what my reply said: -

Hi,

your account was reactivated yet.

Regards,

Marco from Defenx.

Good customer service, huh? :)

I tried again and received this: -

Hi,

You are using a free trial of the software Touro Cooud Backup. This is the only account disabled. You are ablr to use the touro device as well as the touro cloud account is disabled.

We sent an email to all free customer that are not using touro cloud backup for at least one year. As you didn't reply to that email we disabled your account and reactivate it when you required.

Regards,

Marco from Defenx.

I was never aware that it was only a free trial I was using (the program was already installed on the external drive when I bought it in 2016). I have no knowledge of receiving an email warning about my account being deactivated and have been unable to find one on in my old emails, but as I was not expecting an email from Defenx it could well have ended up in my spam folder. I had been using the program for over three years when it was disabled.

I have tried writing a third time to get more information as I wanted to know how to avoid my account being deleted in the future, but it doesn't look as if they are going to reply. So I guess there is nothing else I can do. :(

On a brighter note, my USB disk drive arrived yesterday, although unfortunately I cannot use it yet! My husband and daughter are being very strict about not opening stuff because of the Covid-19 virus, as my husband is being shielded due to having myeloma (blood cancer). So, I will have to be patient a little bit longer - not sure how long at the moment, as we have read conflicting advice about how long the virus can live on metal.

Difficult times indeed!

Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks for sharing the info Chris  :thumbsup:

I don`t expect the company to make any additional sales from anyone that reads your dealings with Defenx, total lack of customer care from them  :(

Fingers crossed that you get to listen to your music on the new disk drive in the real near future, take care.

Channeal

Channeal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Thank you, Phill. You take care too. :)