Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet adapter

• Please log in to reply

rafaelbrinson5

rafaelbrinson5

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So i have this job I'm trying to get online and one of the requirements is to have an Ethernet connection. I have an Ethernet connection but it's with a usb adapter which is prohibited for some reason. Is there any way to trick my computer to think that ethernet port is built into my laptop.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Sorry but we are unable to help with anything that circumvents any such restrictions, no matter the purpose, if we were to help you and you got the job but the computer was subsequently compromised any lawsuit wouldn't just be against you it would be against anyone that had helped you.

Why not just use the Ethernet port on the notebook?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Is there any way to trick my computer to think that ethernet port is built into my laptop.

No, but you can purchase a Ethernet adapter to connect to the laptop if it only have Wireless.

Some newer laptops uses a USB-C port for that, for others you need to buy a device with a "normal" USB port.

Post the brand and model of the laptop if you need some help on that.