Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection between SONY Android TV and Windows10 laptop ?

• Please log in to reply

Ezjolesz

Ezjolesz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Can s'one let me know why my efforts to establish wireless connection between Sony Android TV ( Type XF8596) and the laptop running on Windows10 fail ?

Both devices are connected to the identical local WIFI network. When I click on "Search wireless devices in the network" the name of smart TV pops up appropriately as found item in Win10 network settings. The connection seems to be duly established according to the feedback from Win10, still the displayed content of the laptop gets not transmitted onto the TV screen. 

Any idea ? 

Note: When attempting to transmit Chrome webpage with its built in function, it works seamlessly. In despite, no other content can be viewed on the TV screen.

Edited by Ezjolesz, 19 May 2020 - 02:11 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Hello Ezjolesz,

Could be help at the link below.

https://www.sony.com...ticles/00135865

zep

let us know. 5/19/2020 @ 8:41pm