Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I just bought a computer.....

Updating I am so confused Pushing my processor

Best Answer phillpower2 , 31 May 2020 - 04:43 AM

If the computer is definitely the small form factor model and not the ultra small form factor version to be able to play games such as Fallout 4 you will need to purchase the following; A new... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hello Mod, and Paws, I am so confused, I downloaded the software you guys asked for, and ran the program then copied and pasted the results and I can see the Model name and # and everything else about my computer, what did I do wrong?Is it that you can not see the Speccy results or that I gave you the wrong information?

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi Liz602m, It was helpful info ...but not what we asked for.... :no:

If you take a look at the previous posts you will see we wanted the URL of your Speccy report.

Regards

paws

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

See if the attachment below helps;

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...E74Ga70Nne0At85

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

hope this is what you need I feel pretty lame not understanding how to do this. Thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries and thanks for sticking with it to get us the url  :thumbsup:

While we go through Speccy can you post the following for us; 

Sorry but the above is not what we need, we need the Speccy url + the model name or number of the Dell Computer so that we can check the power supply details, we cannot safely advise you if we don`t have the correct information, 

Edit to add: Using the motherboard details Dell Inc. 0D28YY the info suggests that the computer may be a small form factor type, likewise using the present video card details Dell AMD Radeon R5 240 the results say that the card is the low profile type that are used in small form factor computers with the Dell Optiplex 790 being a strong contender to be the model of computer that you have, this comes in four different sizes of case so it is even more important that we know which model you have as many of today's add on GPUs will be too big to fit in the smaller cases.

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Yes it is small and yes it is a Dell Optiplex 790 all the above is correct, so if there is a card you 

recommend except it won't fit in case   could I just get a bigger case?  Thanks as always :wave:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not being difficult here but we really do need to know the exact model that you have, as mentioned in my reply #21 there are four versions of the Dell Optiplex 790 and they do not all have the same specs, the USFF model for example has a motherboard that will not fit in a standard ATX type computer case and likewise the board is not compatible with a standard ATX power supply, more detailed specs for the four different versions of the Dell Optiplex 790 here please take a good look and get back to us.

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

It is a Small Form Factor Computer according to the paper work  you had me down load. So is that good or bad?  Also  my cpu software recommends AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT  but with certain games it says unavailable do you happen to know what that means?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
✓  Best Answer

If the computer is definitely the small form factor model and not the ultra small form factor version to be able to play games such as Fallout 4 you will need to purchase the following;

A new ATX type case.

A mid to high spec add on video card.

An ATX power supply that has the appropriate wattage and amps to be able to support the add on video card.

If the computer is the ultra small form factor model there is no upgrade path as the MB is propriety and specifically intended to be used only in the present case as is the accompanying power supply which is also propriety.

Advertisements

liz602m

liz602m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Thank you!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

You are welcome  :)

Let us know if you need help with anything else should you be able to upgrade.