Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Electronic Keyboard Video

Video Microsoft Camera

• Please log in to reply

RedSuedePump

RedSuedePump

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Hi all,

My daughter is a keen piano/keyboard player and to help her to improve I video her as she plays so that she can see for herself where she's going wrong.

I initially did this by sticking my mobile phone to the wall over the keyboard, which worked ok until the phone came unstuck and fell on the floor.

I then moved on to using a webcam over the keyboard and recording with the Windows 'Camera' programme.

This is a lot easier than the mobile phone but the sound quality is poor, so what I did was bought on of these:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and took the cable from the headphone outlet on the keyboard into the back of the desktop computer.

Unfortunately Windows Camera doesn't have a way of changing the audio input, so the signal from the keyboard isn't being recorded.

Is there a way I can get the audio signal into the video from a cable connection and use the video source from the webcam?

Will I need a different programme to do this or is there a way of changing the audio source in Camera?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RSP

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Might be ideas here,