Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't Go Past Windows Screen

• Please log in to reply

altonaus

altonaus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Readers

Kindly help me if you can. I unplugged a supplemental drive from my pcmcia slot of my Toshiba Laptop (running XP) without shutting it down first and the laptop went to a startup options screen (start in safemode, start normal, etc.) but will not start in safe mode or get past the Windows Startup screen...sticks at that screen.

The data that is on the laptop is important to me and I have only a small portion of it backed up. I am hoping that I did not damage the motherboard and hope that the HD data is OK. Please lend me any suggestions of possible solutions if you can.

THX
altonaus :tazz:

Advertisements

xsnipersgox

xsnipersgox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, i am no expert, but i don't think u'd have to worry about HD data, ur motherboard though.. tats another story.