Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash drive vs DVD

• Please log in to reply

tdiorio

tdiorio

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Trying to get flash drive with autorun .exe program (autoplay menu) to load on every cpu like DVD. Can't..it won't.
It's has 25 Videos (see  www.d10r10.com) for kids so it needs to be simple for them to plug in and work. Or do I need some kind of an install program. Really need advice what I should do. The Kids will thank you
tony diorio 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

https://www.howtogee...in-a-usb-drive/

tdiorio

tdiorio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I realize that each machine  t plays on needs to be set to autorun, but it's hit or miss. How would I go about making it an install program that has to come up and be installed. Its a menu with 25 videos. total size 4gb. not sure what to do or how.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

As the article says it is not going to work because Windows 10 doesn't want it to work.  Best you can do is add the autorun.inf file to the USB.