Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frequent Blue Screen Crashes

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 06 June 2020 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for the additional info   100% confirms that your RAM is good and that the A2 slot is bad   Should you have any problems with the RMA, offer to send the merchant a link t... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hi everyone, I've been experiencing numerous, frequent blue screen errors on my desktop for the past few months and I can't seem to figure out exactly why they're happening. I've clean installed Windows 10 and I'm still encountering these errors, so I suspect it may be a hardware issue. I've attached photos of the various blue screen errors I've been getting. Please let me know if you need any more information, thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_2020-05-27_13-59-14.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-22.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-27.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-30.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-33.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-36.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-38.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-42.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-45.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-48.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-55.jpg
  • photo_2020-05-27_13-59-58.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:    mcm.himself,

We can see a few errors there and among them is one related to SMART which monitors storage devices and if having issues it may explain your present problems, this is what we will check first;

Download and run CrystalDisk info standard edition from here

Run the program, grab any screenshots and attach to your next reply for us.

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you for the warm welcome, Phil :) I ran CrystalDisk as you instructed, I've attached a screenshot to this post. Thank you again for your help!

Attached Thumbnails

• CrystalDisk.png

Edited by mcm.himself, 28 May 2020 - 02:49 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Thanks for the screenshot which as you can see shows the SSD in 100% good order.

Couple of things for you to do when you are able;

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the power supply (PSU).

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.
1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

You are welcome btw  :)

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Okay, here's the link to the published Speccy profile: http://speccy.pirifo...PmvPvCf0seuUelt

The power supply is CORSAIR RMX750X FM 80+G ATX PSU
I've attached the zipped folder to this post. Thanks again for your prompt response!

Attached Files

Edited by mcm.himself, 28 May 2020 - 02:49 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop
Installation Date: 5/23/2020 6:13:03 PM

After you clean installed Windows did you then install the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers first, the storage drivers second and then the drivers for the GPU.

Great choice of PSU  :thumbsup:

One of the dmps could not be analysed but the following is the info on the other three.

No specific drivers were identified as the cause so hardware cannot be ruled out atm and especially as memory was flagged in one of the dmps, a couple of software issues were flagged, Microsoft Edge once and Adobe software twice, one thing in particular that was mentioned was node.exe which is associated with Adobe.

For now we need to wait on your update regarding the drivers installation question above.

Can I ask that you do not quote every reply as I have to read the full post to make sure nothing gets missed,, thanks.

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Ah, sorry about the quoting  :oops:

I did not update the drivers at the time of my original post, but I went ahead to MSI's website and installed the drivers in the order you prescribed: chipset, then storage, then GPU.

**EDIT: My computer crashed again this morning even after installing the drivers.

Edited by mcm.himself, 29 May 2020 - 05:40 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Upload the latest dmp/s for us if you will.

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Gladly, I've attached the new zipped folder to this post.

**EDIT: These .dmp files appear to be identical to the last zipped folder I had uploaded. The crash that my computer experienced yesterday morning was NOT accompanied by a blue screen of death, if that helps.

Attached Files

Edited by mcm.himself, 30 May 2020 - 12:00 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Knowing the above does help thanks and the below explains as to why;

Software such as Windows can crash and when it does crash you get a BSOD and when enabled a crash dmp is generated.

Hardware failure such as a weak power supply and/or overheating are not software related and when a computer for example suddenly turns off the behaviour should be described as the "computer shut down unexpectedly" and not as having crashed as the latter implies a software issue as opposed to an obvious hardware issue when described properly.

Having the correct info means that helpers will not be looking for a software issue when the problem is clearly hardware related.

Keeping the above in mind, can you describe what happened exactly.

For you to do;

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.

Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options;

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Devices (Only Problems)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply for us.

Advertisements

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Every time the issue happens my screen will freeze and my speakers will play a consistent, continuous buzzing sound. The computer remains on until I hold the power button to force it to shut down. This happens whether a blue screen appears or not. 

Attempting to turn the computer back on causes the power to turn on and off alternatively for several minutes; I've uploaded a video of this phenomenon here: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

I've attached the MTB file to this post as as instructed.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   15.77KB   206 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

That is typical behaviour of something overheating or a loose connection/short circuit and most likely unrelated to the BSOD and will need to be addressed separately.

Couple of issues shown in the MTB log, will deal with the the first on the list as it may sort out the rest in the process.

Is Comodo a free or paid for product.

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

The version of Comodo on my PC is a free product

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Well it is causing you problems so needs to go.

Comodo uninstaller tool here

Once Comodo has been correctly uninstalled, check to see if Windows Defender has auto enabled and allow it to update and carry out a full scan of your computer.  

mcm.himself

mcm.himself

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I uninstalled Comodo, updated Windows Defender, and attempted to conduct a full system scan four times. About a minute into starting each full system scan, my computer crashed and I received a blue screen error each time. I've attached a picture of the first error below. I couldn't get a photo of the others, but the second read "system service exception." I checked the minidump folder after rebooting each time, the files have not changed. As of this post I have been unable to conduct a full system scan because of these issues.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_2020-05-30_12-06-27.jpg

Edited by mcm.himself, 30 May 2020 - 10:09 AM.