Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No more system restore error code (0x81000203)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Hi,

I've been dealing with this issue since yesterday when my acronis back-up couldn't complete due to a VSS issue which is when I discovered my System Restore itself is pretty much gone. 

If I open restore, I get this error:

There was an unexpected error in the property page:

System restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again. (0x81000203)

Please close the property page and try again.

I have gone into regedit, there is nothing listed as or for system restore anywhere. I have gone into services and set things to automatic, nothing works. I have run sfc /scannow, I have run DISM online restore health and it's the same. I tried to run acronis restore and that won't work either (because apparently it's missing the VSS thing it needs.)

Any help on fixing this weird issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Lis

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,488 posts

Hello Leesie,

Carefully try some of the things in the link below. Do Not download anything from the web page.... Just look an try the fix examples given any questions check back here to ask.

https://www.thewindo...ode-0x81000203/