Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer screen has suddenly shrunk (Resolved).

Best Answer scarlet.rose , 30 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Thanks a lot for taking the time to search for the compatible driver download and give me those instructions phillpower2. You are very kind. I was about to write that I have just complete... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I suspect it is a power/ sleep option in windows. Being vague (unfortunately), right click on the desktop and look for display setting. In display settings there should be something along the lines of power saving mode. Check to see what the monitor is set for.

I am assuming that the monitor is entering this mode after a certain about of inactivity time.

Advertisements

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Thank you for your replies.

My neighbour found / gave me the remote control today after I mentioned this issue.

It is not Windows related and cannot be controlled by the mouse..........it is coming from the monitor.

It kicks in when I am actively using the computer.

When I have turned off the computer I will press menu on the remote control and see what I can do.

Edited by scarlet.rose, 14 June 2020 - 01:20 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Sorry scarlet.rose but we can only tell you where to look for the setting, other than that we are pretty much in the dark as we cannot see what you are seeing.

Just a fyi, this annoyance of a message is down to the EU who insist that an eco mode function be standard if you want to sell your TVs in the EU.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Can you get us the make and model number of the monitor and we can see if we can find a manual to get some ideas.

Thanks for clarifying it happens while you use it. At least we know its a monitor setting.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Your help is much appreciated.

I understand phillpower2.

Regarding: "Just a fyi, this annoyance of a message is down to the EU who insist that an eco mode function be standard if you want to sell your TVs in the EU."

Thank you for that info! It really is annoying...........message box blocks my view for a while then shuts down the screen when I don't / can't respond, leaving the computer still on.

123Runner - It is a LINSAR 16LED504. It has been set to VGA pc.

I am afraid of messing up the settings...........fiddly and difficult to use the manual control wheel.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

I've done it - I hope!

Turned off computer...........took remote control - pressed On / Menu.

Went to Picture - Turned Power Save off

Went to Other Settings (where you can set how long it stays on before it auto powers off)

- Turned Auto TV off

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Update

The monitor didn't turn itself off at all last night.

Woke up to the screen still being on - with No signal from pc still showing.

Need to make a further adjustment.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

If you wiggle the mouse did you get the screen back and windows back?

If so, this would now be in your power/savings settings.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Thanks for your help 123Runner.

Yes, working normally at present. The problem is the monitor doing its own thing separate to the computer!

I would like the monitor to remain active while the computer is in use and to turn off when I turn the computer off.

Possible

??

Update

I just remembered I recently selected never turn monitor off under computer power options............will remove.

This is linked to periods of inactivity.

Edited by scarlet.rose, 15 June 2020 - 09:07 AM.