Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password Reset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

garystan

garystan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Moderator :

I'm having a serious problem resetting my password.  First,  I haven't been here in a while, so I forgot my password.   I tried going through the hoops to reset it.  But, that didn't work. So.....how do I reset it.   My current e-mail is : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

garystan 

Edit by phillpower2: Removed email address for security.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Sorry Gary but members accounts are not something that Mods are able to assist you with when it comes to making changes etc, I could be wrong but almost certain that only an admin can assist you with this, a Glo Mo will soon let you know if they can.

Meanwhile, can you tell us what you have already tried.

NB: Not a good idea to post your email address on an open forum, bad guys/spammers etc use such info to try and exploit people.

Fotios

Fotios

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry for writing here but I want someone to delete my account cause I can't find how to do it. 

Thanks

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

phillpower2: I understand from your post above that members are not allowed to help other members in changing one's GtG pasword; that such requests for help must be made to the Administrator. Is that really so?

Can you please tell me HOW I can reach an Administrator?

Thanks. .... batpark

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Members cannot delete their own account only an admin can do that and only in exceptional circumstances, easiest thing to do is just unsubscribe from notifications.

All admin are identifiable by their red badge, see members list here

Abandoned thread closed.