Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server Denied POP3 Access

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

I have already added 2 e-mail accounts to my main Gmail account for the purposes of regularly checking for e-mails on my main account.  Both the accounts I added were from a different e-mail provider.  I had absolutely no problem adding those 2 accounts from a different provider.  Then, I tried to add another Gmail account for the same purpose and I keep getting the same message "Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password."  I researched the problem and tried several different things I saw online but cannot seem to get it to work!  In the meantime, I have gone into the other account I wish to download from and have used the mail forwarding function to receive the e-mails.  It works, but I believe that sometimes there can be fairly long delays in receiving e-mails that way.  It seems the pop server method is quicker more often.

Can anyone suggest how to rectify this problem?  

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello capper,

I am providing a link  for you. Let me know if it helps.

https://www.vaultme....-password-gmail