They talk about FRST in the instruction post at the top of this forum. It's the main tool we use for removing malware.
- Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC. If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both. Only one will work and that's the right one.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Check the Addition.txt box
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Smart Screen, Windows Defender and Avast have all been blocking FRST recently. It's a false positive so pause your antivirus when downloading or running FRST. If you get a message saying Smart Screen has blocked it you can click on More Info and you will see an option to Run Anyway.
If there is something in the logs that you feel is too sensitive you can edit it out. before posting. They are just notepad files.