Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing letter on comment box of

• Please log in to reply

el Gallinazo

el Gallinazo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

This is a weird one. Mac laptop running OS10.13.6.  I write a lot of comments to alternative blog sites.  My problem recently was that when I type the letter "y" in the comment box, it doesn't appear on the screen.  For example youtube appears as outube.  But no extra space or anything.  However if I copy it, my clipboard show the letter y is there.  Initially I would type the y several times to no avail, but when I copied  it, my clipboard I would get yyyyoutube.  Or funny reads "funn."  This problem exists in Brave, Yandex, Chrome, and Firefox, but Safari works fine.  Attempted remedies - rebooted the system and ran the fix program on Mac disk utilities.  Any ideas what this is about?  Brave, Google Chrome, and Yandex all use the open software Chromium engine, but Firefox does not.

Advertisements

librarianonloan

librarianonloan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Did you verify the continuing problem by switching keyboards ?   Oops  --  "laptop"  --  I need to read better.

Edited by librarianonloan, 24 June 2020 - 03:00 PM.