Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS Drops and slow boot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

sukucoy

sukucoy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi, I just made a new rig yesterday and came across these issues:

1. I've been having FPS drops when playing Valorant from 200 down to single digit FPS, and now it does that when im not even playing any games

2. The loading screen while booting up is taking way too long (talking about 10-20 minutes on Galax screen)
3. My monitor wont start back up when it shut down because of idling, tried to move my mouse and pressing keys on keyboard but nothing happens, CPU still running tho.

My rig isn't anywhere near high-end rig but I believe it shud at least run smoothly,

I used:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Galax b450m

Galax GTX 1660
2x8GB 3200 Team elite+
Aerocool lux 550w

Operating system stored on adata sx8200 nvme m.2

thank you in advance for anyone that willing to help

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   sukucoy,

2. The loading screen while booting up is taking way too long (talking about 10-20 minutes on Galax screen)

Operating system stored on adata sx8200 nvme m.2

Was Windows and the drivers for the new motherboard clean installed on the storage device and when installing the drivers were the chipset drivers installed first and the storage device drivers second.

The slow boot time suggests that you may be having trouble with missing or incompatible drivers.

sukucoy

sukucoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

The slow boot issue has been fixed.

But the frame drops isn't. I noticed that when it does, the clock speed drops from 4000mhz to as low as 500mhz.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Was Windows and the drivers for the new motherboard clean installed on the storage device and when installing the drivers were the chipset drivers installed first and the storage device drivers second.

The above question still applies.

How did you fix the slow boot times.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

sukucoy

sukucoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

apologies, I forgot i've had this thread.

it all fixed by now

How did you fix the slow boot times.

it was corrupted because I had a brown out when it was updating

as for the frame drops apparently I just had a bad air circulation inside my PC, added a fan and it works wonder