Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Converting old screen into second monitor

• Please log in to reply

Jbf59 time hound

Jbf59 time hound

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a old HP laptop which had a touch screen function with the model number, B156HTN03.3 I've went online a bought a corresponding control board from eBay which they're was only one however the control board seems to be for a TV not a monitor? I'm not at lost what to do? Or if they're is any alternative manner to reuse my old laptop touch screen to be repurpose d as a drawing board?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,546 posts

Hello jbf59 time hound

A discussion on a similar topic below,

https://www.raspberr...ic.php?t=177418

Might be helpful.

Jbf59 time hound

Jbf59 time hound

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello jbf59 time hound

A discussion on a similar topic below,

https://www.raspberr...ic.php?t=177418

Might be helpful.

Hey zep
Thanks for the link reading through they pretty much toss off the idea of reusing the touch capability, do you think this is something that is possible tho? As all the components needed for it touch screen function are invested into the upper screen, to my knowledge I would just need a capable control board ?

Edited by Jbf59 time hound, 21 July 2020 - 06:00 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,546 posts

I don't think it's possible. Although a cool idea. I just to many things could go wrong ....

Jbf59 time hound

Jbf59 time hound

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I don't think it's possible. Although a cool idea. I just to many things could go wrong ....

Could you explain why please ? As I amdit I'm a amateur when it comes to hard ware doing little besides led circuits and computer builds and id love to know what is difficult about doing this? As to my knowledge the input cable for screen is also the output for the touch screen capabilities