Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.kotver!bat

trojan

• Please log in to reply

cstolarik

cstolarik

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I am currently working on a windows 8.1 computer for my mother and I have tried multiple tools to try to remove it with no success. The name comes up under Norton as Trojan.Kotver!bat stating that is needs to be manually removed which I proceeded to do. I clicked on the link to the file that it is bringing it from and it is 99f3eab.bat which I tried to remove but won't let me. I downloaded a malware removal tool from norton support which produced a all clean results. Please help as we currently run opera web browser and I really don't want to have to have my mother take the computer to a repair technician with the covid-19 virus going around. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

Advertisements

cstolarik

cstolarik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

post can be deleted as getting help for this on another forum

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator