Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wi-Fi/ help.

Best Answer JohnGo , 11 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Sleepy Dude! That sheds a whole new light. I'll order one of these right away. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

JohnGo

JohnGo

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Custom build Puget PC with an Asus M.B Z87-A, 8GB Ram,W.D. 500 gb hard drive; (160 gb hd; 750 gb hd-both secondary, storage only).

I would appreciate information on what I need to be able to use wireless headphones on the above computer. This computer does not use wi-fi connection. It is

connected to my router via cable.  

Thanks,

JohnGo

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Hello JohnGo,

For Windows 10

see here for possible help using Bluetooth connection.

scroll to to connect to pc.

https://www.hellotec...e-android-phone

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

When I get to bluetooth & other devices I don't find any indication of wi-fi for  headphones: I have wi-fi from a router in the house for laptops and cell phones. This PC computer doesn't provide wi-fi to any device; everything that this pc feeds is by cable.  I haven't purchased (actually earbuds) yet. I wanted to first determine if this pc is even wi-fi capable and if not, how to correct that.

I forgot to mention in my first post that this pc is running Win 10 pro.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts

Hello,

It does not look as though your motherboard is wireless ready, you have a few options.

1 You can get a usb wifi  adapter . I don't recommend those lost connections an problems like that.

2 Install a wifi adapter network card on the motherboard, more expensive but works better.

Finally, depending on your motherboard’s configuration and how much other hardware you’ve stuffed inside your system, you might not have room for a dedicated PCIe wifi adapter network card. If so, it’s back to a USB adapter for you.

something like this

https://www.amazon.c...899285340&psc=1

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

The card is what I prefer. I have had these in computers years ago. When I have a chance to open the case and look around I will look into purchasing a card   If I need further assistance and if this topic is still open, I'll try to get back to you.

Thanks for the advice.

JohnGo

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

To connect wireless headphones or earbuds those devices use Bluetooth not Wifi! you can buy a small USB adapter that add Bluetooth support to the machine

Examples https://www.amazon.c...dyw5rje9ezdf9bn

JohnGo

JohnGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks Sleepy Dude! That sheds a whole new light. I'll order one of these right away.