Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow computer with high pings.

• Please log in to reply

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hey RKinner,about that java,I actually do need it for a while,I have interactive homework from my university which requires java(ofc its updated to the latest version)

also the bios update drives me anxious abit :D,I heard its a bit dangerous,but im counting on you,also I take alot of safety steps with this.

I'll update you with what you've request as soon as I'll finish doing the uninstallations and bios update.

best regards

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

As long as the BIOS update is the correct one for your motherboard there should be no problem.  The only thing to worry about is a power outage during the update so avoid doing an update in bad weather or when you might expect a rolling blackout as they are getting in California.

If you need Java then keep it.  As long as you keep it up-to-date it should be safe enough.

There is no hurry.  I do not keep track.  Just answer the replies when I get them.

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

fix log:

Attached Files

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

here you go,best regards.

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Only two errors.

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/19/2020 07:07:20 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: )
Description: ‏‏שירות ה- cplspcon הפסיק עם השגיאה הבאה:
Unspecified error

Error: (08/19/2020 07:06:44 PM) (Source: Application Popup) (EventID: 56) (User: )
Description: ACPI1

The first one is caused by:

Intel® Content Protection HECI Service

which you probably don't need per BleepingComputer:

Embedded in a number of computers with Intel chips starting with second generation core processors.  This file is part of "Intel Insider" and is involved in communication with something concerning content protection.  This program is centered primarily on HDMI films etc.  If you do not view such DRM protected content,  you can disable this service.

To disable the service:  search for

services.msc

hit Enter

Find:

Intel® Content Protection HECI Service

right click and select Properties.  Change the Startup Type: to Disabled.  OK.

The second is why I thought a BIOS update might be required.  See:

https://answers.micr...00dc160?page=19

I see we still have the search and homepage hijacker in Chrome. 

CHR HomePage: Default -> hxxp://searchfunmoods.com/?f=1&a=ironpub&chnl=ironpub&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1QzutDtDtByEtC0D0Azzzz0AtBtD0DtByCzztN0D0Tzu0CtBzyyCtN1L2XzutBtFtBtFtDtFtAyEyE&cr=194304021
CHR StartupUrls: Default -> "hxxp://searchfunmoods.com/?f=1&a=ironpub&chnl=ironpub&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1QzutDtDtByEtC0D0Azzzz0AtBtD0DtByCzztN0D0Tzu0CtBzyyCtN1L2XzutBtFtBtFtDtFtAyEyE&cr=194304021","hxxp://www.searchnu.com/406","hxxps://www.google.co.il/?gws_rd=ssl","hxxps://www.google.com/"

Perhaps now that the likely sources of the adware have been removed you can go into Chrome and change the Start page and Search engine to something other than searchfunmoods and searchnu?

Did MBAR find anything?

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

MBAR  didn't find anything.

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Also i updated my bios to the latest version possible before i posted you the fixlog ,frst and addition

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

i think i found the searchfunmoods thingy,but about the searchnu.com,i cant seem to find it.

any solution to where i suppouse to look?

Edit:Found it!

Edited by transfer, 19 August 2020 - 11:58 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Guess you will just have to live with the ACPI1 error.  Apparently it is only at boot.

Probably the only thing we could do about the Pagefaults in Latency Monitor from Windows Defender would be to install a different anti-virus like the free Avast.  Avast and most other anti-viruses will turn Windows Defender off so as to not have a conflict.  I use Avast myself and run it in silent mode so it doesn't keep asking me to upgrade it the paid version.

Is your PC running OK now?

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

since yesterday,it feels like i bought it yesterday :D

also i'll download avast

thx alot!

anything else needed to be checked ?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

After you install Avast  - best to get the offline installer for the Avast Antivirus Free

https://www.avast.co...tallation-files

(decline the free trial and stick with the free (basic) version.  Also decline the quick scan - it does more than just scan for viruses.  Wants to speed up your PC which I don't approve of), run a new Latency Monitor report and post it.  Let's see if that helped.

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:01:05  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        AT
OS version:                                           Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 19041 (x64)
Hardware:                                             ASRock, H110M-HDV
CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
Logical processors:                                   4
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  8154 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   3696 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature. 

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   455.50
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   3.525627

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       425.80
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       0.896156

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              88.579545
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.036881
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.044884

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   6508
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              455.042749
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 391.35 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.052988
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         iaStorAC.sys - Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64, Intel Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.158884

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   59152
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                29
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 svchost.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       1594
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          1582
Number of processes hit:                              3

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.978804
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                88.579545
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.117080
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      6301
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                455.042749
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.285429
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      45715
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.131786
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                13.642316
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.000181
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      207
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                48.181277
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.001832
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      391
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.251536
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                150.535714
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.120864
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      12153
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.143207
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                154.863095
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.006963
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      922

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Somehow,svchost.exe causes some major pagefaults.

any solution to that?

transfer

transfer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Somehow,svchost.exe causes some major pagefaults.

any solution to that?

Attached Thumbnails

• DriverScreenshot.jpg
  • ScreenshotProcceses.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Try to keep the time Latency Monitor is run to 20 seconds so we have a standard time.

Unfortunately I need a new junk file to tell which svchost is causing the problem.

Copy the next 2 lines:

TASKLIST /SVC  > \junk.txt
notepad \junk.txt

Open an Elevated Command Prompt:
Win 7: Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator
Win 8: http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html
win 10: http://www.howtogeek...-in-windows-10/

Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.

As you can see from the Process Explorer log that we ran at the beginning there are many svchost.exe processes.  The junk file's purpose is to help distinguish between them.  We have to look at the PID  (Process ID)  shown on the Processes tab of latency monitor and find the same PID in the junk file to tell which service(s) is/are involved.  (PIDs change each time you reboot so if the PC has rebooted since the Latency Monitor screen shot then we will need a new  one.  I would like to see a new one run for only 20 seconds anyway) The most common problem services are those associated with Windows Update.  Once the update completes these will go away or at least stop being a problem so go into Settings, Update & Security and Check for Updates.  We also see problems caused by badly written third party WMI entries.  WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation and is  used to monitor performance.  If you watch Process Explorer you will see WmiPrvSE.exe jump up every 10 or 15 seconds.  To fix it we usually restore WMI to default which removes all third party entries from the WMI database.  The third svchost that often causes problems is Sysmain.  This service is supposed to speed up the PC but it usually slows it down.  It is also responsible for allowing you to use a spare USB thumbdrive as extra memory but if you are not using that then you can go into services.msc and change the Startup Type: to Disabled.