Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System Build - Blank Canvas (RESOLVED)

Best Answer iammykyl , 27 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

Good decision. Updated list, some changes, always look before ordering. > https://uk.pcpartpic...com/list/KLFT4n Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

fix the black screen first.

Start Revo . tools > Auto Run manager > unlick Corsair ICUE Software, . close program.   Is the problem solved?

Does your monitor have USB ports? if yes, do you have something plugged in there?

Advertisements

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Unchecked the icue software box - Black screen is still there

No i don't monitor the USB ports, the only things i have there are;

1/ mouse (new)

2/ keyboard

3/ cable for the caddy (disconnected)

4/ lightening cable for charging phone (disconnected)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

You performed a restor a few days ago, wondering if this reinstalled a corrupt file, 

From the Power Shell window,

Type > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . press Enter,

Please upload a screenshot of the results.

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thats a good possibility as it went black after that

Shell.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

We will revert things you have done, one step at a time, please post the results.

Go to Start , and select Settings > System > Power & sleep. Under Screen, > set sleep to never, click OK and exit.

Restart the computer.

has the black screen gone?

​Has the beep, (connect disconnect sound) stopped?

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

The black screen is still there, previous to carrying the above instruction out i have not noticed the 'beep' noise, if it's still there it's certainly not as frequent

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Please uninstall Corsair ICUE.

Start Revo > highlight Corsair ICUE > on the top menu .click uninstall

first screen > click continue.   A restore point will be created and the application uninstaller will run, 

Second screen > Select the moderate radio button, for the scan mode. > click Scan, at the bottom, 

Third screen A tree view is displayed with ticked boxes > Click the Delete box, > click Yes on the confirmation window. 

if there are no leftover items, like short cuts, you will return to the main screen, close revo.

If there are left over items,

Forth screen, shows items with ticked boxes, > click Delete, > close Revo > restart computer.  

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

No worries in any delay, & never feel the need to apologise, i'm the one being helped in your spare time here xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.eirqpQ-YRb.pn

ICUE software has been deleted as per above - i needed to select the 'check boxes' though as they were all blank on the 3rd screen, needed to do the same on the 4th

PC restarted but still the Black screen

Edited by gpl98a1, 26 January 2021 - 06:59 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Does the computer start showing the black screen, or display the desktop then go black screen?

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Sorry, my turn to apologise for a late reply!

The pc runs through the initial startup, then i get a photograph/picture of scenery/ landmark etc with a prompt for my pin code - when i enter the code & it brings me to my desktop the background screen is black - i havent tried to change it manually, should i try that?

**EDIT** Update!! We're back to the Blue screen, dunno how! i done a couple of restarts & on the last one it worked :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS - No windows warning in the bottom right now either but i've a feeling that will return

Edited by gpl98a1, 28 January 2021 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

We will need to attempt activation again later.

Looks like you have a solid colour as the desktop background, here's a how to, browse through it first, then check Theme, to see what is set.

https://www.theverge...reen-background

Here is a more extensive how to, there is a lot of options, the one thing I would not set, is a Lock Screen.

https://www.windowsc...theme_windows10

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Hmmmm that's strange. To my knowledge no one in my household used this PC & i certainly didn't set it :confused:

I didn't try to change it as i suggested, just restarted the PC twice

Edited by gpl98a1, 28 January 2021 - 05:35 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Can't say how it could have happened but it is a possible reason, so you need to check so it can be ruled out.  

• Click on the Start button
  • Click on the cog icon to open up Settings
  • Select “Personalization”
  • in the left window click themes   the preview should show you what is set.   

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Ah, i didn't even know i could do that! lol

Looks likei'm a little restricted as i need to activate windows before i can change the theme - no biggie

Themes.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Got it.

I think we should set up and back up your files.

First, a while ago you sorted and saved a file of pictures, on which drive are the stored?