Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System Build - Blank Canvas (RESOLVED)

Best Answer iammykyl , 27 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

Good decision. Updated list, some changes, always look before ordering. > https://uk.pcpartpic...com/list/KLFT4n Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I don't have Dragon Centre, (DC) only information via the user guide; so your best source for help/troubleshooting  would be the MSI motherboard forum.

My understanding is that DC is a collection of 3rd party modules, except MSI Mystic Light, seems most users consider it bloatware.   Only 4 games are supported, so disable game mode.   reading through the guide, various modules make alterations to the BIOS, so I would disable everything except Mystic Lights. 

Another help, > https://www.msi.com/...aming-pc/how-to

If you are  exploring/applying settings, remember to create a restore point so you can get out of trouble. 

Advertisements

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Ah, apologies, i thought you had the DC software there for some reason, if you don't it's a credit to you on how knowledgable you are with it!

Gaming isn't for me anyway so i just disabled it, i'll create a restore point & browse the namual over the weekend & try to familiarise myself with some if it, i'll take your advice & disable all but the Mystic Lighting

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

In that second guide on the mystic Lights application page you should see the Corsair RAM and be able to sync it with the MB. 

Good luck, let us know the results.

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Sorry i've been pulling motorcycles apart most of the weekend but i have got looking at this a couple of times.

There is alot of information i hope never to need to understand in that manual such as changing voltages etc!

I got looking at the Mystic lighting part too but it's not showing my Corsair RAM etc (theres an LED mouse & fans too, the fans have RGB control through the case if you remember?) ie there is RGB control in the case for the fans only.

Apologies, i feel really silly here, some simple things that should be showing are not

Dragon Centre.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, heaps of info and settings.   Nearly all, except Monitor )OK to use) and Mystic Light overclock hardware in some way or another; I would be inclined not use the other stuff.   I do not overclock my machines but I do enhance a CPU by setting (High Performance) in windows because I do a lot of video editing, this enables all cores to run all the time at there highest default settings.

I see that your RAM is not detected, an issue that seems to effect a lot of different branded RAM; I have not come across a fix I could recommend for you to try.   You might try registering with this group just concerned with Mystic Lights.   Let them understand that you are only interested in trying to get your Corsair RAM going, > https://discord.com/invite/R6zZUMf

At the top right, where you have Mystic Lights ticked, click on the little cog wheel, (third party control setting) to see if anything helpful there.

I will let you know if I find a solution. 

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thank you - i have registered with the group as suggested, i'll wirk out how to post a question & will hopefully get an answer.

I've already tried the cog wheel but there's really not much in there vvvvv

Dragon Centre2.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.  be sure to tell them your case has LED control.

Just looking through Revo startup manager and see that there are 3 Corsair applications, do you have a headset/microphone?

Start Revo > go to startup Manager > unlick any by Corsair > close, > restart computer.

Now open Mystic Lights and see if your RAM is now listed. 

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Well i kinda hoped your suggestion would work as for the life of me i cannot figure how to ask a question on Discord. I thought it was a forum but i dunno what it is....... man i am daft!!

The only 2 corsair boxes that were checked were the 2 below, under Location : Services

Now unchecked & PC restarted

Corsair.jpg

Edited by gpl98a1, 15 February 2021 - 07:50 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

First, it is a really strange site to register with, I registered and sending you this link, try again, > https://discord.gg/zhtvtCwnD4

Did unticking the Corsair startup items make any difference for detecting the RAM?

Apart from Mystic Lights glitch, how is your computer performing? any niggles?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:oops: Sent you on a wild goose chase.   The site lists and links to thousand of Servers, (like Geeks to Go) and the link I sent goes to a group of gamers where they play interactive streamed games online.   They also discuss RGB, but you have to complete your profile first.   I did not go further as a fee would be involved, sorry, be no good to us. 

Advertisements

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thank goodness that's the reason i couldn't understand it! :laughing:

No niggles that i can see, all seems to be running smoothly & unticking the corsair items done nothing but that's no biggie to me, i can mess about looking into it in due course but all i've done was set it to Red, then White, from i put it together

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

As everything is going OK and we did solve the activation issue, I am going to mark the topic as solved.   This does not mean the topic is closed, so, if you find a solution for Mystic Lights, post and let us know.

If you have any other issues, please star a new topic.

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Ok, thank you for sticking by me through this, i thought we were going for the longest post in history! lol

Just 1 thing in here, was i to do anything with Macrium reflect?, like make an image (or whatever the name is) of my D drive on my E drive?

I will certainly post about the Mystic lights when i get doing some research

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry, thought that was already done.

With your drive caddy plugged in.

1.   Start MR

2.   In the left hand window > click the second option (create an image ....)

3.   In the window that opens, your C: drive will be selected.

4.   Under Destination . Select your caddy (should be drive E:) 

5.   At the bottom > click Next.

6.   In the window that opens (leave the 1. template field as NONE)

7.   Under  2. add/edit schedules . click the down arrow on add schedule > click full

8.   in the window that opens, under Frequency . select Weekly, . under Settings, >Tick the day you want it to run. > leave Weeks as 1. > change the start time to what suits you.

Leave the date as set. 

9.   Under 3. Define Retention Rules, Tick full then select >keep 6 then select backups. > click OK.  the window will close. . At the bottom, > click next.

10.  A list of the operations that will be done is displayed, > at the bottom, click Finish.

The backup will be created, take aprox 10 minutes.

Here is the help file > http://updates.macri...pdf?src=sidebar

gpl98a1

gpl98a1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thank you - just completed this

I'll look into Cosair Sync & if i get a result i'll report back