Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I stop by Samsung tablet from going to sleep longer than 10 mi

• Please log in to reply

qcfan

qcfan

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet model S5e that keeps going to sleep when I try to listen to an audio book. I have gone to settings/display/screen timeout, and you are only given the option to check up to 10 minutes, nothing longer than that, nor can you just turn the timeout  off completely.  I have to stop and enter my 4 digit pin every 10 minutes, and it is super annoying. My old Samsung tablet did not do that.

Is there a way around this? Can you reset a this tablet without having to enter a pin or face recognition every time you turn it on? I do not need this extra protection. I just want a tablet to stay on until I turn it off like my old one did.

Thanks

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello qcfan,

The only thing i saw is to enable smart stay, but you will need to look at the phone... See link below..... ridiculous to say the least..

https://www.samsung....-galaxy-s5-neo/

How do I turn off face recognition on my Samsung?
Tap Settings > Lock screen and security > Face Recognition. If you have set up a PIN, enter it and tap NEXT.
Face recognition

Remove face data.
    Face unlock (ON/OFF)
    Face unlock when screen... (ON/OFF)

How do I turn off PIN on Samsung?
Procedure

Open Settings.
    Tap Security (on Alcatel and Samsung phones, tap Lock Screen)
    Tap Screen Lock. Note: If prompted, enter your current password, PIN, or pattern.
    Choose your screen lock preference: none, swipe, password, PIN, or pattern. ...
    Tap Done.