Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kapersky Security cloud chewing up CPU

• Please log in to reply

lumpyc

lumpyc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi there

My free version of Kapersky Security cloud seems to frequently chew up +40% of my CPU for hours at a time. I can't see a clear way to identify if it is running a scan. I wouldn't mind this, but it just runs the laptop fan all the time and it's annoying. How can I find out what Kapersky is doing, how to stop it scanning all the time or at least using less CPU so I can have some peace and quiet?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 965 posts

Task Manager should provide info on what is going on.

The usual first port of call when faced with this sort of issue is to stop Kaspersky then uninstall it, reboot and then if you want reinstall it.

Make sure before you start that you have the executable handy for the reinstall and any product keys you need.

Regards

paws